The Rapidswim Aquatic Therapy provides water based therapy designed to improve areas that impact the everyday functioning for children with disabilities.
Our ongoing 1:1 aquatic therapy sessions with a qualified Therapist will provide a supportive environment to support our clients toward achieving their goals.
Interventions can help but are not limited to the following areas:
- Gross Motor Skills – strength, balance and coordination to facilitate the development of walking, running, climbing and participation in meaningful sporting activities
- Fine Motor and Hand Skills – developing pincer grip, hand and finger strength and in hand manipulation to facilitate the development of hand skills, such as for using cutlery and writing
- Communication Skills – expressive language and following instructions to enable the child to meaningfully communicate with others
- Social Skills – team work, taking turns and sharing with others to enable better participation and inclusion with peers
- Water Safety & Water Awareness – to better enable the child to go on to learn to swim and be safe in aquatic environments
Inclusive Sport SA therapists utilise best practice techniques in assisting children with specialised needs such as the use of visual communication systems, support at times of transition, and recognition and support to assist with sensory and motor dysfunction.
Our therapists work specifically with families to support NDIS participant goals and complete quarterly reports to outline aims and to record progress.
Our Aquatic Therapy Programs are conducted at Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Flinders Medical Centre and Minda Aquatic Centre in Brighton. Sessions are 30 or 45 minutes in length and are run on a weekly basis in conjunction with the school terms.
|Brighton||Minda Aquatic Centre||Monday||9.00am - 3.00pm|
|Brighton||Minda Aquatic Centre||Monday||4.00pm - 7.45pm|
|Hampstead||Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre||Monday||6.00pm - 7.30pm|
|Brighton||Minda Aquatic Centre||Tuesday||3.00pm - 6.00pm|
|WCH||Women's & Children's Hospital||Wednesday||5.00pm - 7.00pm|
|FMC||Flinders Medical Centre||Wednesday||5.30pm - 7.30pm|
|Brighton||Minda Aquatic Centre||Wednesday||6.00pm - 8.00pm|
|Hampstead||Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre||Thursday||5.30pm - 7.30pm|
How to Participate
For more information on Aquatic Therapy please contact Inclusive Sport SA on 8122 6736 or fill in the form below.