13 Mar COVID19 – A Statement from the CEO
Inclusive Sport SA is currently monitoring the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic and how it impacts our Rapidswim programs, other business services and events. At 4:30pm on Friday 13 March we were informed by management of the Minda Aquatic Centre at Brighton that they will close the Hydrotherapy pool and surrounding areas until further notice. Rapidswim participants and their families/caregivers have been notified of this closure via text message. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our Rapidswim families/participants. We have confirmed with Thebarton Aquatic Centre, Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre and The ARC Campbelltown Swim Centre that they will remain open at this time, including programs scheduled for this Saturday 14 March. In addition, Noarlunga Leisure Centre have confirmed that they will continue to operate for our Tuesday – Learn to Swim sessions at this time. At this time we are still waiting for direction from management at the Women’s and Children’s Hospital regarding use of their Hydrotherapy pool. Due to the high level of uncertainty around COVID-19 and its impact, and the importance of the health and wellbeing of our participants and staff, Inclusive Sport SA will continue to provide updates on COVID-19 and our programs and services as needed. Inclusive Sport SA will be guided by the Australian Government Department of Health advice as released and will respond swiftly to any direction given to us regarding infection control protocols should they arise. We would like to stress that it is important for individuals to also monitor the situation through the official Federal and State Health Department websites and Facebook pages listed below:
- Federal Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/
- Federal Department of Health Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/healthgovau/
- SA Health website: https://www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/Public+Content/SA+Health+Internet/
- SA Health Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sahealth/
For more information about protocols and restrictions advised by the Department of Health please follow the link: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert At a press conference held at 2:30pm on Friday March 13, 2020, the Federal Government asked all organisations to suspend all gatherings of 500 people or more. As our Rapidswim Carnival and programs attract 25-30 participants, staff and their supporters in total, we are continuing preparations for the carnival to go ahead as scheduled next Sunday 22 March and are looking forward to a fun and exciting day for all involved. With this being said, Inclusive Sport SA has a duty of care for the health and wellbeing of our participants, families and staff. If we are advised that it is not safe for this event to occur we will postpone the carnival to a later date and inform you of this immediately. Inclusive Sport SA have implemented prevention strategies effective immediately and ask that all participants and their families/caregivers, staff and volunteers follow these protocols. We advise that:
- If you feel unwell, do not attend your session and please advise as per our current policies.
- Hygiene – maintain regular hand washing, use of hand sanitiser and appropriate disposal of tissues.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough (our Rapidswim Staff have also been given this directive)
- If you have been to any of the identified countries in the COVID-19 alerts over recent weeks, follow the guidelines and recommended isolation protocols issued and inform the Inclusive Sport SA offices to this immediately.
- If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 and are entering self-isolation/quarantine please notify our office as soon as possible.
- In the event that you are undergoing or awaiting results for COVID-19 testing please notify us as soon as possible.
- If you have concerns about your health, please speak to your doctor.
The situation around Coronavirus has changed rapidly today and the Inclusive Sport SA Board and Executive staff will continue to work with stakeholders, participants, their families/caregivers and our program staff to ensure the safety of our members. Look out for one another. John Cranwell CEO For more information contact: CEO | John Cranwell – 0413 324 484 | email@example.com General Manager | Katrina Ranford – 0420 786 782 | firstname.lastname@example.org Download a PDF copy of this Statement HERE.