11 Aug IDS Masterclass – Active Inclusion Announced
Following the success of prior sessions, Inclusive Sport SA is pleased to announce the next in the Inclusion and Diversity in Sport (IDS) Masterclass series – Active Inclusion.
Taking place on Friday 28 August, the workshop will be led by the organisation’s Active Inclusion department, under the guidance of General Manager, Katrina Ranford at Thebarton Community Centre, 10:00am-2:00pm.
The newest arm of Inclusive Sport SA, Active Inclusion offers consultancy, education and training across industries and sectors on inclusion and diversity matters. Working with organisations, the department will support best practice activities, events and programs that encourage the engagement and collaboration of marginalised groups in the local community.
Masterclass attendees will be introduced to the new Inclusive Sport SA website including the Find a Sport/Club tool, a feature that utilises user postcode to find sporting opportunities within a determined kilometre radius. Those at the workshop will learn about this exciting new development and how to submit their own programs and competitions to the tool for promotion.
Active Inclusion will also unveil their Connect Communities Grants and Partnerships program, a collection of in-kind consultancy, training and other opportunities available to South Australian organisations, clubs and small business.
In addition to the introduction of Active Inclusion the IDS Masterclass will also discuss and provide outcomes on the learnings from recently completed, as well as ongoing, organisational projects including the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Project and Return to Sport – Accessible Communication Materials.
- ILC Project – The workshop will include a recap and overview of the recently completed Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Project, undertaken in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Scheme, including unpublished survey findings and key points found within the two year project.
- Return to Sport – Launched in early July 2020 the Return to Sport – Accessible Communication materials and social media campaign, provides resources and support to people with disability, marginalised groups and sport administrations in understanding COVID-19 health and safety guidelines in sport environments. The Masterclass will discuss insights into understanding community need, development of project materials, and outcomes so far.
As part of the IDS Masterclass a panel of members with lived experience and community engagement roles will also discuss:
- The challenges and peer support encountered in their work and community over the last COVID months.
- Suggestions for service providers/community clubs on how to engage communities.
- Views on how sport can play a role in bringing people together.
- And more.
With the uncertain and testing landscape all within the Sport and Recreation sector have faced in 2020 we hope that the Masterclass will also provide an opportunity for attendees to network, scan the horizons and assess how Active Inclusion can better support the sector currently and into the future.
Masterclass attendees are welcome to join the event in person at Thebarton Community Centre or online. Whilst this event is free we ask that all attendees register for the event and their mode of attendance (in person or online) for catering and COVID-19 Health and Safety room capacity purposes.
To register for the event please complete the form here: https://bit.ly/3gXAnMo
What: IDS Masterclass – Active Inclusion
When: Friday 28 August
Time: 10am-2:00pm (Registration open from 9:30am)*
Where: In Person -Thebarton Community Centre, Torrensville SA 5031 | Online attendance
*Lunch provided for in person attendees.
For more information contact:
CEO John Cranwell – 0413 324 484 | email@example.com
General Manager Katrina Ranford – 0420 786 782 | firstname.lastname@example.org